Elliott + Associates selected as architects for the new arts center
Oklahoma City - Oklahoma Contemporary is pleased to announce that Elliott + Associates Architects, led by Rand Elliott, has been selected as the architect for the new Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center which will be located at 11th and Broadway (Automobile Alley), just north of downtown Oklahoma City.
"I am grateful to the Oklahoma Contemporary Board of Trustees for allowing us this opportunity. Chris Keesee is a visionary leader, and we will create an iconic structure to support the Oklahoma Contemporary mission of teaching art and showing art. We are proud to create a timeless piece of architecture that will anchor the northeast corner of Downtown," - Rand Elliott, FAIA
Details of the design include:
• Oklahoma Contemporary will be the north gateway into Downtown.
• Oklahoma Contemporary will energize Campbell Park.
• Our site will be a great place to watch trains.
• The Architectural Concept is called Folding Light.
• The exterior will react to the sun.
• It will float above the ground.
• It will be memorable in the dark.
• Our intention is to build a signature building.